Killyclogher 2-16 Errigal Ciaran 0-11

Our Seniors put in a strong second half performance this evening in Carrickmore to get them through the first round of the Tyrone Senior Football Championship against Errigal Ciaran.

Down at half time time on a scoreline of 0-09 to 0-05, our boys raised the tempo and ran out eventual winners on a score of 2-16 to 0-11.

It was a good all round performance from each and every one of the players. Well done to them all. They will now play the winners of Trillick and Eglish next weekend.

Scorers on the evening were: Simon O’Neill 1-03, Mark Bradley 0-06, Conall McCann 0-04, Fergal Meenagh 1-00, Martin Swift 0-01, Aidy Kelly 0-01, Leo Meenan 0-01.

The team was as follows: Sean Fox, Martin Swift (Captain),Danny Gorman, Gábhán Sludden, Tiernán McCann, Eoin Bradley, Gary Wallace, Niall McFadden, Feargal Meenagh, Aidy Kelly, Conall McCann, Nathan Donnelly, Mark Bradley, Tomás Flanagan, Emmett McFadden.

Subs: Dermot McKeogh, Dermot Carlin, Leo Meenan, Simon O’Neill, James Carlin, Tiernán Cox, Conor Meenan, Niall Bradley, Declan Leonard, Conor McLaughlin, Micheál Meenagh, Brendan McCartan, Conor Hegarty, Collie Gallagher, Mathew McAleer, Barry McAleer, Joe McAleer, Carl Donnelly, Mark O’Kane.

Management:   Dominic Corrigan (Manager) & John McElholm (Coach), Brian Meenan, Paul Conway, Leo Green, Brendan Harkin.


Match Report Courtesy of Teamtalkmag: “It was a case of Deja vu at Carrickmore on Saturday evening as Killyclogher turned on the style in the second half to ease past Errigal Ciaran twelve months after a similar result at the same venue in the opening round of the senior championship as well.

If anything though this was even more impressive as they recovered from four points down to completely dominate the second half outscoring their opponents 2-11 to 0-2. The sides shared the opening eight points with Mark Bradley, Conall McCann, Simon O’Neill, Davy Harte, Peter Harte and Declan Quinn getting points for their respective sides.  As the interval approached Mark Kavanagh, Padraig McGirr, Peter Harte and Davy Harte all weighed in with quality scores to leave the Dunmoyle based men leading 0-9 to 0-5 at the break.

Scores from McCann, Bradley and Aidy Kelly had Killyclogher level within nine minutes of the restart before a Bradley free two minutes later gave them a lead that they were never to lose.  O’Neill hit a brace of points and in the 47th minute he palmed the ball to the net from close range after fellow substitute Leo Meenan had squared it to him.  Sixty seconds later it was game over when Feargal Meenagh shot low to the net after good approach play from the hard working Tiernan McCann.

The winners had hit 2-7 without reply by the time Davy Harte opened Errigal Ciaran’s second half account in the 51st minute.  Meenan, corner back Martin Swift, Conall McCann and Bradley all tagged on points and while Peter Harte had the final say from a free it was well over at that stage as it finished 2-16 to 0-11.  The St.Marys now face a potential repeat of last season’s County final against Trillick although Eglish will no doubt have something to sya about that at Father Hackett Park in Augher tomorrow afternoon.”

Leave a Reply